Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Reflection: Paper 1

One of the strongest parts of my paper is the introduction and I was very happy with that because I wanted to catch the audience off guard and really hook them. I'm the kind of person that doesn't judge a book by it's cover, but by its first sentence, which obviously doesn't always work, but it's often something I find myself doing.

I took into account the power of three. From the article that I was responding to, I took three of the author's points from his argument and agreed with him by elaborating on those points with outside information. I think this, along with his specific quotes, gave me a stronger argument.

The organization seemed to all fall together by the time I had my finished product. Some of the overall flow may need a bit more attention, but I felt like my outside research and my in-text quotes from the author complimented each other. My closing paragraph needs some work. I think it could use more of punch similar to the intro so that the audience is given a more dramatic ending that will remain on their minds. I didn't want to repeat myself in the conclusion, but now I'm thinking that I could have gone into a bit more detail on the solutions I have in mind, instead of letting the audience get the main gist from my paper as a whole.

I tend to be a wordy writer, so I tried to stay away from that. I don't know if I accomplished it or not.

Overall, I was pleased with my final draft. It will be interesting to counter it in our next paper, but I like trying to understand both sides of an argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment